Sunday, December 7, 2008

Why Take the Plunge ... er, Dip?

Why did MagicJack catch my eye when other services in the past didn't?

I think the main attraction (other than the "free trial offer") was that I could use my regular phones WITHOUT disconnecting my current land line. I really want to try these services side by side to see how they stack up. If MagicJack is reliable enough to replace my land line, I could save more than $400 per year on phone bills. In this economy, that's a big deal to me.

Anyway, I consider myself a light phone user. Mainly family talk with a little business mixed in. All in the U.S. -- never international. I have a cell phone, but only for emergencies and occasional calls. Since I don't expect to tax MagicJack's bandwidth limits (because "unlimited" never really means "unlimited"), I'm hoping this service will offer the same level of service at a much lower price point.

No comments: