Wednesday, December 17, 2008

MagicJack Review: Phone Usage After a Week

[ - ] After testing the MagicJack for a week, on average about 50 percent of calls suffer some sort of audio drop out, mainly from others unable to hear my end of the conversation. Some instances are momentary, while others persist through the phone call. It doesn't seem to matter whether the call is local or long distance, or if it's to a land line or cell phone.

Sound quality is good to excellent overall -- as long as the audio doesn't drop out, of course.

I'm unsure whether these drop outs are related to the phone routers used by MagicJack or my cable internet connection. However, I recently received a speed upgrade to my internet service, so I have reset my modem and verified the speed increase. I'll let you know if the increased download and upload speeds make a difference in the weeks ahead.

No comments: