Saturday, December 13, 2008

MagicJack Review: 1st Day Call Troubles

[ - ] There were some quality issues making phone calls on my first day, one was a long-distance (to Texas), and another to a nearby cell phone. The person(s) I talked to reported drop-outs in the conversation. This never happens on our land line.

Now, it's quite possible that the drop outs were caused by something other than MagicJack, but since it had been a complaint made by many negative reviewers of the product, I had to make a note of it. I'm pretty sure that it isn't because of my Mac and/or internet connection -- both are more than fast enough to handle VOIP.

Bottom line is that I have to find out how often it occurs, and whether the drop-outs will ultimately be a small price to pay for very inexpensive service -- or a deal-breaker. Stay tuned!

No comments: