Saturday, December 13, 2008

Day 7: Installation


Overall, installation was a breeze. I disconnected the phone cord from my landline jack to the MagicJack, then I plugged the MagicJack to the USB extension cord. Finally, I plugged the cord to the back of my Mac Pro. A blue light appeared on the MagicJack to indicate it was powered up.

The MagicJack showed up as a USB drive labeled "PHONE" on the desktop, and a pop-up window appeared to install the needed software. Installation took less than 2 minutes (as the software indicated), and the MagicJack application started up automatically.

The first step was to register with an email address and password. The next step was to set up my enhanced 911 data (fortunately, I live in an area with enhanced 911). With the 911 data, I had to wait to receive an email and confirm the info I entered before 911 was fully activated.

As part of the installation, I had to accept the Terms of Service, but since I read that earlier this week, I didn't need to review it again.

While MagicJack said it may take up to two hours for my account to activate, I was up and running immediately -- and ready to begin my review!

No comments: